Cultural Tourism and history
Natural corridor to the Pacific Rim, The Rio San Juan de Nicaragua is a river strategy par excellence, has been, is and will be. In the history since the Spanish arrived to found the continent's oldest city on the mainland, the river has a history that goes beyond the borders of Nicaragua.
As witnesses of this history, the people of earlier eras left their mark. Among the strengths of San Carlos and El Castillo and the remains of the English season in San Juan del Norte or Greytown. The Rio San Juan has a major panel to identify and assess sites.
Among the highlights recommended:
- The fortress of San Carlos
- The strength of the immaculate conception of El Castillo
- The old dredge San Juan de Nicaragua
- The Old Cemetery of San Juan del Norte and Greytown
- Solentiname Islands and sites